IASTM technique is an innovative therapeutic approach combining static and dynamic soft tissue manipulations with special tools, made from strainless steel for treatment of neuro-musculoskeletal pathologies.
A fascia is a band or sheet of connective tissue, primarily collagen, beneath the skin that attaches, stabilizes and separates muscles and other internal organs.It has ability to stretch and move without restriction.When one experiences physical trauma, emotional trauma, scarring or inflammation the fascia loses its pliability. Fascial restrictions can cause all kinds of symptoms producing pain, headaches or restriction of motion.
IASTM technique can detect and release scar tissues, adhesions and fascial stiffness.It can increase localized perfusion and decrease muscle tone and pain.When the instruments come into contact with hard, fibrosus tissue, they transmit a vibrating sensation in the therapists hand.
IASTM technique is applied in specific points of soft tissue adhesions, upon release, improve the cuntionality of the area of the body.
With these technique we can effectively :
- Assess potential fascial disfunctions
- Approach, in a therapeutic manner, areas that cannot be easily reached by human fingers
- Restore rage of motion
- Accelerate tissue healing by activating fibroblasts
- Treat the majority of musculoskeletal and sports injuries
- Shoulder tendinotathies
- Tennis golfer
- Achilles tendinopathies
- Plantar fasciitis
- Muscle strains (subacute/ chronic stage)
- Ligament sprains (remodeling phase)
- ROM Deficits (frozen shoulder, post surgical adhesions)
- Cervical, Thoracic and Low-back Pain syndromes